If you want to achieve a gorgeous healthy smile, having bright, white, and natural-looking teeth is essential. We’re not all blessed with perfect teeth, but luckily there are some options for improving their look. The two most commonly-used dental treatments for this purpose are porcelain veneers and professional whitening, and they each have their own particular set of advantages.
If your teeth already look good, but you’re not happy with their color, then professional whitening treatment might be the ideal choice. For this treatment, many dentists will apply a professional-grade whitening solution, and then expose your teeth to a special light to help accelerate the pace of whitening. The in-house treatment is completed in as little as an hour, and can whiten your teeth several shades. Some dentists opt to use at-home dental trays as their whitening plan.
Professional whitening treatment from your dentist is a good option if you:
– Don’t have any other cosmetic problems that you want to correct;
– Are looking for an instant solution that brightens and whitens your teeth in one visit;
– Don’t have tooth discoloration that’s resistant to whitening treatments. For example, if your teeth are discolored due to medications or a health condition, whitening may not work for you.
If you want a smile that looks natural, healthy, and flawless, porcelain veneers may be your preferred option. Veneers are thin slices of porcelain that are fixed to the front surface of your teeth, and they can make a huge improvement to the way your smile looks—and to the way you feel about your smile.
Because of this, veneers are a good choice if you have other tooth imperfections that you’d like to change. For example, if your teeth are unevenly sized or shaped, are slightly misaligned, worn, or have other cosmetic problems, veneers can alter and improve the appearance of your teeth.
Porcelain veneers are a good option if you:
– Have other cosmetic tooth problems, such as misalignment or gaps between teeth, that you would like to have corrected, or if your teeth don’t respond to whitening treatments;
– Want a long-term solution that doesn’t require touch-ups.
However, it’s important to note that, like professional whitening treatments, porcelain veneers can’t correct major dental problems. Even so, while neither option is a fix-all treatment, they certainly are cosmetic solutions that can produce great results.
If you are looking for an improved smile and are interested in porcelain veneers, contact Woodland Hills Prosthodontist, Dr. Cyrus Bandary for more information. Specializing in tooth restorations, Dr. Bandary will create a treatment plan to produce your desired smile.